Terms of serviceJune 19, 2020 2022-10-09 21:20
Terms of service
Terms of Service and Usage
This is a contract with Ekam IAS Civil Service Coaching Institute, trading as Ekam IAS E-learning, whose main branch is at Ekam IAS. GWA 196, 9th cross road Giri Nagar, Kadavanthra Kochi, Kerala. Pin: 682020. Access to the online materials is through our e-learning site. Please carefully read the following terms before accessing this site or using a module. By accessing the site (which includes, visiting, registering, purchasing or accessing a course) you accept and agree to all of the covenants and conditions imposed in this agreement. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not access the site.
The following Terms of Service (“TOS”) govern all use of the elearning.ekamias.com website (“Website”) and all content, services and products available at or through the Website (“Services”). The Website is owned and operated by Ekam IAS. Our Services are offered subject to your acceptance with modification of all of the terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on this site by Ekam IAS.
By using this service, you agree that you have read, understand and agree to these terms. By accessing or using any part of the Website, you agree to become bound by the TOS. You also agree to review this agreement periodically to be aware of modifications to the agreement, which modifications Ekam IAS E-learning may make at any time. Your continued use of this site will be deemed your conclusive acceptance of any modified agreement.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and Ekam IAS with respect to this Web Site and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between the user and Ekam IAS with respect to this Web Site.
Scope of service: Ekam IAS makes no guarantee that any service will be uninterrupted, timely secure or error –free.
- There will be restriction as to video viewership. Normally, a video can be watched for 3 times. In exceptional cases of Internet connection problems or power failure etc., 2 more additional views can be allowed after verifying the one’s elearning logs/use.
- Ekam IAS E-learning reserves the right to change the content used at any time.
- The login details provided to one applicant is for that person only and it should not be shared with others. If it is found to be so, We will take necessary steps including denial of the course access.
- The course can be accessed in Mobile or Laptop/Desktop PC. One user is allowed to use maximum 2 devices, not more than that.
- Customers will receive a 1 month prior electronic notification to the course end date
- All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
- If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions you must cease the module immediately and notify Ekam IAS E-learning of your intent not to continue
A member account (“Account”) is the area in our Website, which is accessible via a password and contains personal information regarding the user. If you create an Account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your Account and fully responsible for all activities that occur under the Account and any other actions taken in connection with the Account. You must immediately notify eLearning Industry at [email protected] of any unauthorized uses of your Account or any other breaches of security. ekamias will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. Registration of a user requires the user to provide a valid e-mail address for the communication between Ekam IAS E-learning and the user along with a valid name, amongst other information required pursuant to Section 5 below.
Confidentiality / Non-disclosure
As a result of the provision of our Services to you, You hereby agree and acknowledge that any and all of our information is confidential and shall be our sole and exclusive intellectual property and proprietary information. You agree to use our Information only for the specific purposes as allowed in these TOS. Any disclosure of our Information to a third party specifically including a direct competitor is strictly prohibited and will be vigorously challenged in a court of law. All obligations contained herein shall survive the termination of these TOS. Furthermore, you acknowledge that our information is proprietary, confidential and extremely valuable to us, and that we would be materially damaged by your disclosure of our Information. You acknowledge and agree that monetary damages provide an insufficient remedy for the breach of this confidentiality obligation, and that we shall be entitled to injunctive relief.
- Ekam IAS E-learning quotes prices and issues invoices and the client must pay in the currency shown on the invoice.
- By applying our purchase agreement, you are agreeing to our payment terms
- Ekam IAS E-learning will raise an invoice for the module fees and any certification / exam fees before the start of the training.
- Ekam IAS E-learning prefers to receive payments electronically. Bank details will be send your registered email id on the receipt of online application form.
- Course fees include the licensing of training materials to a limited period of time to and appropriately qualified course content. Each license is valid to one person only and cannot be exchanged or shared.
- Ekam IAS E-learning reserves the right to review the pricing and take appropriate action when changes to module specification occur beyond our control.
- Fee concession is the sole discretion of Ekam IAS and one cannot claim it as a right. Fee concession will be granted after verification of relevant documents of Income Certificate or Disability Certificate (in case of Physically Challenged Persons) along requisition letter in handwriting. All discounts, whether advertised or stated in correspondence, are mutually exclusive i.e. only one discount can be applied to any one booking.
2.1 Late payment may incur penalty charges And denial of access to course after the fee reminder from the concerned authorities.
- Migration fee will be charged in case of conversion from offline to online course or vice versa.
- Additional charges have to be made for extending the stipulated course duration.
3) Refund and Cancellation Policy
. After the transaction has been done successfully, no request for refund or cancellation will be entertained.
- If a customer cannot access the module online via elearning.ekamias.com because they fail to meet the required system requirements, then Ekam IAS E-learning will not take responsibility or give a refund to the purchaser. It is the customer’s responsibility to test their system for any compatibility issues prior to signing the purchase agreement.
- The start date of all access is deemed to be the date that the customer first has access to the e learning module Ekam IAS E-learning will make one attempt to warn the customer when this access period has ended. After this attempt Ekam IAS E-learning can no longer guarantee access to the course or that certification will be possible.
- If the customer is violating any of the terms and conditions, Ekam IAS E-learning can terminate/suspend the course without any intimation.
5) e-Learning Materials
- The training material is property of Ekam IAS E-learning.
- This training material has been prepared, maintained, updated and distributed by Ekam IAS E-learning
- The use of the training material on our modules is restricted to the Registered User who has been supplied with the log in details by Ekam IAS E-learning digital team.
- The Registered User shall not copy, share, modify, transmit, distribute, or in any way, exploit the copyrighted materials provided by Ekam IAS E-learning other than for their own individual training. Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law and any violators will be prosecuted.
- The Registered User shall not permit anyone else to copy, use, modify, transmit, distribute, or in any way, exploit the copyrighted material
- The materials made available by Ekam IAS E-learning are provided “as it is” without warranties of any kind, either expressed, or implied, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement.
- Ekam IAS E-learning does not warrant that the materials will be error free including technical inaccuracies, nor free of viruses, or other harmful matter. The entire cost of any necessary service, repair, or correction, is the Registered User’s responsibility.
- Ekam IAS E-learning may make improvements, or changes, to this material at any time without prior notification.
- All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
6) Access to the modules
- Ekam IAS E-learning strives to provide uninterrupted e-learning module content to its customer To that end, Ekam IAS E-learning will take all commercially reasonable efforts to provide uninterrupted Access of the courses to its customers. However, from time to time, customers may be unable to Access the courses due to conditions beyond Ekam IAS E-learning’s control. Such conditions include, but are not limited to: force majeure, acts of God, power outages, and the acts of computer hackers and others acting outside the law. Also, from time to time, Access may be unavailable due to software issues, server downtime, increased Internet traffic or downtime, programming errors, regular maintenance of the system, and other related reasons. In response to any unavailability of the courses to its customers, Ekam IAS E-learning will take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure Access is restored within a reasonable period of time. The term “commercially reasonable,” as used in these Terms, shall mean reasonable efforts taken in good faith without an unduly or burdensome use or expenditure of time, resources, personnel or money.
- Ekam IAS E-learning endeavours to provide the highest quality content to its customers. To that end, Ekam IAS E-learning reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, or discontinue any aspect or feature of this module in whole or in part, including, without limitation, the content, availability, Access and/or the Terms of this module. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which notice may be made by posting such changes the Ekam IAS E-learning site.
- Users are solely responsible for ensuring that they have sufficient and compatible hardware, software, telecommunications equipment and Internet service necessary for use of the Site and module.
6.4. Ekam IAS E-learning shall make reasonable efforts to provide technical support Monday to Saturday between the hours of 0.am – 6 pm excluding statutory holidays.
7) Third Party Content; Hyperlinks
- Ekam IAS E-learning makes no warranty, either expressed or implied, of the accuracy, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of the information provided by third parti This includes, but is not limited to, any information found on a link located on this site that allows users to access information found on another site. Additionally, Ekam IAS E-learning does not warrant the existence or functionality of any website which can be accessed through a link located on this site.
- Copyrights, Trademarks and Other Proprietary Rig
- Ekam IAS E-learning or its third party content providers shall retain all worldwide rights in the intellectual property in and on the Site, including, but not limited to, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, inventions, ideas, trade secrets, the source code, the HTML code, the “look and feel” of the Site, its colour combinations, layout, and all other graphical elements, and the copyrights in and to its original content. You should assume that everything you read or see on the Site is copyrighted, trademarked, or otherwise protected and owned or licensed by Ekam IAS E-learning.
- 8.1 Except as expressly stated on the Site or in these Terms, nothing that You read or see on the Site or in the courses may be copied, reproduced, modified, distributed, transmitted, republished, displayed or performed for commercial use without the prior written consent of elearning.ekamias.com, except as provided in these Terms. Nothing in these Terms grants you an express or implied license to use any of Ekam IAS E-learning’s intellectual property.
8) Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- Users access this site at his/her/its own risk. The site is provided on an “as is, as available” basis without warranty of any kind, expressed, implied or statutory, and any and all warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of third parties’ rights are specifically disclaimed. Ekam IAS E-learning does not warrant any particular result from use of the software or site. Ekam IAS E-learning does not warrant that the information on the site is accurate, complete or complies with any particular law or regulation, or that the operation of and your access to the site will be uninterrupted, error-free, virus-free or completely secu
- Under no circumstances and under no legal theory (tort, contract or otherwise) shall Ekam IAS or any of its affiliates, agents, employees, shareholders, directors, officers, third party content providers, successors or assigns be liable to you or any other person or entity for any indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of any character, including without limitation, damages for loss of goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, loss of data, loss of productivity or contract, or any and all other commercial damages or losse
- Your use of this site is at your sole risk and any content that you download is downloaded at your own discretion and risk, and you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer system in excess of the amount Ekam IAS E-learning received from students for a course, and for any loss of data that results from the downloading of any such content, including any damages resulting from computer viruses.
- In no event will Ekam IAS E-learning be liable for any damages in excess of the amount Ekam IAS E-learning received from the customer for access to a module, even if Ekam IAS E-learning has been informed of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any other party.
- In no event will warranties provided by law, if any, apply unless they are required to apply by statute notwithstanding their exclusion by contrac
- This disclaimer is applicable to any damage or injury resulting from the negligence or an omission of Ekam IAS E-learning, computer virus or other similar item, telecommunications errors, or unauthorized access to or use of user information through theft or any other mea Ekam IAS E-learning is not liable for criminal, tortious, or negligent actions or omissions of third parties that affect this site.
9) The Contract
- When you commit to the purchase of Ekam IAS E-learning products you agree to be bound by these Terms and Condition You agree to use the e learning material for your own personal learning and not to reproduce, sell, hire or copy Module materials (in whole or in part) and not to use such materials except for personal reference.
Access will be given to the online materials from purchase order received for a fixed registration period (usually 3 months unless a different period is indicated on your receipt). After this period you may apply to have access extended provided a satisfactory reason is given. We reserve the right to refuse access after the initial period at our sole discretion.
Any personal information that you transmit while registering to Ekam IAS and its affiliates, via this website, will be used only for purposes of processing your application, the assessment and processing of any other administration relevant to Ekam IAS only.