World Food Safety DayJanuary 25, 2023 2023-01-25 16:42
World Food Safety Day
World Food Safety Day
- World Food Safety Day is celebrated globally on June 7 every year as per the World Health Organization (WHO).
- World Food Safety Day aims to transform food systems to deliver better health sustainably and prevent foodborne diseases.
- The theme of World Food Safety Day 2022 is “Safer food, better health”.
- The theme highlights that safe, nutritional food plays an important role in ensuring human health.
- The first-ever World Food Safety Day was adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in December 2018.
- The United Nations (UN) assigned two of its agencies, the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to lead efforts in promoting food safety around the world.
- World Health Organisation (WHO) in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations decided to celebrate 7th June as the First food safety day since 7th June 2019.
- It was first celebrated in 2019, to strengthen the commitment to scale up food safety made by the Addis Ababa Conference and the Geneva Forum in 2019 under the umbrella of “The Future of Food Safety”.
- The theme of the first-ever Food Safety Day 2019 was “Food Safety, everyone’s business”.
- The World Health Assembly (WHA) passed a resolution on August 3, 2020, declaring June 7 – the World Food Safety Day every year.
Model Question :
Q. Which among the following organisations conducts World Food Safety Day?
(a) WHO and Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
(b) WHO and UNICEF
(c) United Nations and World Food Programme
(d) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and UNICEF
Answer : A
To UPSC-standard MCQs, join our Telegram Channel.
To get years of subjectwise-segregated newspaper articles, join our subjectwise Telegram Channels.
Join our 140k+ YouTube community to watch free classes on various UPSC related topics.
Follow us on Instagram for UPSC updates.
Click here to read more UPSC Current Affairs.
Ekam IAS is the oldest online IAS institute in Kerala. We’ve years of experience in mentoring and teaching students all over the nation, helping them achieve their UPSC-dream through the right guidance, strategy, and precise content. Join Ekam IAS and turn your UPSC-dream into reality.
To learn customizable preparation strategies, book an appointment with our UPSC-expert. Book Now.