I2U2December 24, 2022 2022-12-24 19:22
- Prime Minister will participate in the first-ever I2U2 Virtual Summit.
- I2U2 initiative is a new grouping of India, Israel, USA and UAE.
- In the grouping’s name, ‘I2’ stands for India and Israel, whereas ‘U2’ stands for USA and the UAE.
- I2U2 was initially formed in October, 2021 following the Abraham Accords between Israel and the UAE, to deal with issues concerning maritime security, infrastructure and transport in the region.
- At that time, it was called the ‘International Forum for Economic Cooperation’.
- It was also referred as the ‘West Asian Quad’.
- Its aim is to discuss “common areas of mutual interest, to strengthen the economic partnership in trade and investment in respective regions and beyond”.
Six areas of cooperation :
- Food security
- The aim is to encourage joint investments in these areas.
- It intends to mobilize private sector capital and expertise to help modernize the infrastructure, low carbon development pathways for our industries, improve public health, and promote the development of critical emerging and green technologies.
Q. Who among the following are the members of the I2U2 initiative?
- United Kingdom
Select the correct answer using the code given below :
(a) 1, 2 and 3 only
(b) 3 and 4 only
(c) 1 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 4 only
Answer : C
To UPSC-standard MCQs, join our Telegram Channel.
To get years of subjectwise-segregated newspaper articles, join our subjectwise Telegram Channels.
Join our 140k+ YouTube community to watch free classes on various UPSC related topics.
Follow us on Instagram for UPSC updates.
Click here to read more UPSC Current Affairs.
Ekam IAS is the oldest online IAS institute in Kerala. We’ve years of experience in mentoring and teaching students all over the nation, helping them achieve their UPSC-dream through the right guidance, strategy, and precise content. Join Ekam IAS and turn your UPSC-dream into reality.
To learn customizable preparation strategies, book an appointment with our UPSC-expert. Book Now.