National Integration DayNovember 19, 2022 2023-01-05 16:35
National Integration Day
National Integration Day
- National Integration Day, also known as “Quami Ekta Divas”, is observed all across India on November 19 to promote harmony.
- The day commemorates the birthday of the country’s first-ever female Prime Minister, Indira Gandhi.
- This year marks the 105th birth anniversary of Indira Gandhi.
- The day is for promoting peace, unity, and integration between all the different segments of society living in India.
- As India is diverse in terms of culture, multiple languages, religions, geographical diversity and ethnicity, it is important for all to respect all the cultures and religions and mix together with each other to keep the unity intact.
- For such understanding and cooperation, it is important to strengthen unity and to develop a better understanding of society.
- The birthday of Indira Gandhi was picked because of her unmatched popularity amongst people regardless of background, ethnicity, or religious belief.
- On this day, the youth of our country are encouraged to engage with anti-social elements and other anti-national activities which may threaten the unity of the nation.
- Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi was born on 19 November 1917 in Allahabad to the first Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru.
- In 1955, she became a member of Congress Working Committee (CWC).
- She became the became the President of CWC in 1959.
- She joined the Cabinet of Lal Bahadur Shastri as the Minister for Information.
- In 1966 after the sudden death of Lal Bahadur Shastri at Tashkent, Russia, she became the Prime Minister of India.
- She was a great politician and played a major role in strengthening the Indian democratic structure and tradition.
- She was known for her leadership in the 1971 war against Pakistan.
- More than that, she was an enthusiast of music, literature and fine arts and has received the Bharat Ratna in 1971.
Join our Telegram Channel to solve UPSC-standard MCQs
To get years of subjectwise-segregated newspaper articles, join our subjectwise Telegram Channels.
Join our 140k+ YouTube community to watch free classes on various UPSC related topics.
Follow us on Instagram for UPSC updates.
Click here to read more UPSC Current Affairs.
Ekam IAS is the oldest online IAS institute in Kerala. We’ve years of experience in mentoring and teaching students all over the nation, helping them achieve their UPSC-dream through the right guidance, strategy, and precise content. Join Ekam IAS and turn your UPSC-dream into reality.
To learn customizable preparation strategies, book an appointment with our UPSC-expert: Book Now